Pimples on Vagina Among Teens
Teens is the age when you get a lot of pimples. As they occur elsewhere, they may occur in the genital region as well.
How Do You Get Pimples?
The genital area is supplied heavily with glands that secrete oily lubricating secretions to ease friction during sexual activities. These glands are overactive during teens and early adulthood. Clogging of the glands by excessive secretions or tissue debris leads to pimple formation.
The problem is further aggravated if there is a moisture because it accelerates pimple formation. It also makes the pimples prone to infection. There are many bacteria living in the region. They also tend to grow faster if the surrounding skin is moist.
Some people are more prone to having pimples than others. This largely depends on their skin type and the kind of diet they take. In general, the more oily, fatty or sugary you eat, the more likely it is that you get pimples.
Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Such a diet is a good detoxifier and will help you get rid of acne.
Dealing With Pimples
Managing pimples include steps that hinder bumps formation.
Pimples are formed when some duct draining the glands of the genital region gets blocked. This may occur when the glands are very active- as in teenage or young adulthood. Besides moisture is trapped down there, especially when the area is not washed regularly.
Jump to 3 simple and quick methods to treat them yourself.
So, looking into factors that lead to pimple formation may suggest ways to avoid getting acne.
- Wash the vaginal region regularly with plain water. This would wash off excessive secretions and clean up the tissue debris that might otherwise block the openings of oil glands. No soaps or gels are required for cleaning. Clean your genital area with just plain water during bathing. However, you need to do this daily.
- In fact, using any harsh washing agent may dry up the area and lead to increased shedding of dry skin cells. These cells may block the oil glands and lead to pimple formation. This seems to be counterintuitive but factually dry skin is more prone to pimple formation. Also, soap may kill good bacteria living there, and hence make your vagina prone to fungus and yeast.
- Avoid dampness in the groin area. Wear loose cotton undergarments as far as possible, especially at night times. This will soak moisture and hence discourage acne formation.
- Avoid wearing tight pants and other sources of friction. Rubbing may inflame skin and mucosa.
- Once you have pimples, avoid shaving the region, till the pimples get healed. This will prevent injury to the pimples.
- Avoid eating too much of sugary, fried and fatty stuff. Such foods make grounds for getting more pimples.
- Keep your system cleansed by eating plenty of seasonal fruits, salads and boiled vegetables in your diet. Such a food is natural cleanser. Also, you get all the essential vitamins and minerals required for good skin.
- Limit your intake of caffeine, which is present in drinks like tea, coffee and certain soft drinks such as coke. This chemical dehydrates the skin, and dry skin gets more pimples.
- Stay active. Include a set of regular workouts in your daily schedule. This makes your skin breathe and become healthy.
- If you get a vaginal pimple, don’t pop or squeeze. That would cause infection, which may spread to give more of such lesions.
- Manage an individual pimple by keeping it clean and dry. You may try warm compress over it to soften its outer covering.
- If it gets red or painful, it might be infected. Local antibiotics are required in such cases.
Read more about vaginal pimples and their treatment.