Difference Between Pimples and Herpes Sore
Q: I am 19 years old. Whenever I masturbate I get repeated vaginal pimples. I do clean my genital parts regularly after that, but still the growth does not stop. I have doubt if it’s herpes or a pimple. I have read many articles about herpes and genital pimples, but I am unable to distinguish between them. Please help me.
Are you sexually active? If yes, it would be good to rule out the possibility of herpes and other STDs.
It is very difficult to distinguish between herpes and pimples without actual examination. However, some differentiation may be done on the basis of symptoms.
Observe the Following
- Pimples are usually single lesions whereas herpes occur in clusters.
- Pimples may be filled with whitish fluid or pus. Herpes present as cystic swellings containing clear fluid.
- Herpes usually itch or burn. Pimples are symptomless until irritated by friction or infection.
- Herpes usually grows or spread if left without treatment. Pimples gradually regress on their own with time.
- In herpes infections, lesions may appear on other parts of the body as well, like mouth angles etc.
Your lesions sound more like pimples on the genital region. They may be caused by repeated friction during masturbation.
Consider using a lubricating cream like KY jelly when you masturbate.