Pustular Acne Is Painful

Q: I am a 19 years old female. I have pimple in vagina. On pinching, pus comes out and it becomes painful. Lately it has become big, and more pimples have grown outside the vagina. How do you treat that kind of a pimple without seeing a doctor? Please help.
– By Leila Showers

A pimple with pus inside it, is an infected pimple. Such pimples do spread to nearby areas. 

You need to take care of it just as a wound. Read about how to take care of an infected pimple in a similar post.

Take Care,

Buddy M.D.

Medical Advice (Q&As) on “Infected Pimple Presents With Pus and Pain

    1. Buddy M.D. Post author

      You may apply some topical antibiotic, like mupirocin, over the pimple. Also do warm compresses twice a day to alleviate pain.

      Never use a steroid cream on such pimples.

  1. Tiffany

    I have a pimple, on the outside “lip” of my vagina. It looks similar to a pimple, that it looks like it has a white head. I have tried to remove it by shaving, popping it etc… and it reappears by the next day. Seemingly unaffected. There is no discharge. There is no pain, but it does itch briefly at different periods throughout the day.
    What could this be? It is a stand alone single bump, and the itching is severe, but again, random and only for a very brief moment, and isolated. Nowhere except this one spot itches.
    What could this be?

    1. Buddy M.D. Post author

      This looks like an infected pimple. You need to apply some topical antibiotic over it. You may use mupirocin ointment, to be applied twice daily for 5 days.

  2. Samantha

    Please I seriously need your help. There is this borne that look like pimple. It grows out with hairs in my vagina. It itch and very painful. It turns to black spot. I went to examine my self and I was told to be chewing garlic every Friday in a week that it cures infection. In fact, I have being taking different kind of drugs, both herbal. I don’t know what to do again because it is embarrassing. Please help.

    1. Buddy M.D. Post author

      You need to start applying a topical antibiotic ointment over the bump. You may use mupirocin (bactroban). Apply it twice daily for a week.

      Let us know the results.


Ask Your Medical Question

Your Question will be answered by a specialist M.D. in 1-2 days.

To prevent unauthorized comments, we request you to solve a simple problem: *