8 Natural Tips to Make Your Skin Healthy and Glowing
Q : Hi. how can I have a pretty fair skin face?
Skin is the most extensive organ of our body. It spreads throughout covering the whole body. It has two layers- Epidermis (outer layer) and the dermis (inner layer).
The inner layer, dermis, is the live one carrying hair follicles, blood vessels and nerves in it. As with any other organ of the body, skin is nourished throughout this dermal layer with fine blood vessels. The outer layer is composed of dead skin cells.This layer is continuously replaced from within. Older cells keep shedding and newer ones take their place.
As you can understand, the health of the skin will depend upon the quality of nutrients being supplied to it via blood vessels. Just improve your blood quality to have a better, healthier skin!
Quality of blood will depend upon the food you eat and the air you breathe. Blood continuously circulates in the body. Each time it enters the lungs, it gets oxygenated. It carries with it air and food nutrients being supplied to it by us. On reaching different organs of our body, it supplies them oxygen and food. Also it drains away waste products (like CO2) from the organs.
So a healthy blood will give you a healthy skin. For that matter, all other organs will also benefit. It is rightly said that beauty comes from within, not outside.
What Food to Eat for a Better Skin?
1) Eat at least 6 servings of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables daily. This is the key to purify your blood. Each serving would mean an average sized bowl each time.
Making 6 Servings
- You can have some fruit / fruit juice along with breakfast.
- A bowl of salad just before lunch.
- Fruits again in late afternoon.
- A bowl of stewed vegetables before dinner.
- Juice in evening
- Some salad along with dinner
Might sound a bit crazy, but this works. It’s OK to start with around three servings initially and then gradually increase the intake.
Of course, you will have to cut down on other food items to include your veggies… this will help shedding any extra weight of your body.
2) Cut down on fried stuff. Such food load our blood with unnecessary fat, making it impure.
3) Cut down on all caffeinated drinks. Caffeine is a stimulant. This causes the release of certain chemicals in our body which interfere with our sleep patterns and disturb the restfulness of our mind.
4) Drink plenty of clear water, around 8 glasses daily. Water is the best purifier.
5) Sleeping well is another important thing to do. Sleep is the time when our body does all the repairs, healing all wears and tears.
6) Exercise daily for overall body fitness. After all, skin is just another organ of our body. A healthy body will have a healthy skin.
As much as possible, inhale fresh air. Air is better in places where there are plenty of trees. Plan your morning walks and strolls in such places. Avoid heavily polluted areas.
Keep your skin clean and moist by daily bathing and moisturizing with any hypoallergenic lotion. Bathing washes away all dirt, allergens from over the skin. It also opens up the pores of the skin so that it can breathe properly. It is better to bathe again after coming back home from work, or at bed time, so that your skin stays clean and can breathe adequately at night.
As far as color of our skin is concerned, all of us have different colored skins. This is primarily genetic and also depends upon the place where we live. People staying on higher hills are usually fairer. However, as you make your skin healthier it will glow.
If however, you have some specific problem on your skin, let us know. We will be happy to answer it.