Changes In A Mole Calling Attention
Q: I have a mole on my right side below my waistline and above my pelvic area. It is pink with a head and brown around the edges. it is about the size of a dime. Any idea what this is?
A mole is a small growth on the skin formed when cells in skin grow in clusters. What is the trigger for such a growth is not very clearly known.
A mole may be pink, brownish pink or tan in color. However, its margins are always distinct. Also, it is soft to touch.
If it is a mole, you may not worry.However, if you observe any of the following change, report to your doctor:
- Any change in size or shape of the lesion
- Margins becoming indistinct or hazy
- If it bleeds or oozes out any fluid
- Change in consistency towards a harder feel
- It becomes tender or painful
These changes would require you to visit a doctor for examination.