Symptoms and Remedies for Sleeplessness
Sleep problems are more common than you may think. If you feel that you are having inadequate sleep, then watch out for the other symptoms of insomnia.
Signs of Sleep Deprivation Problem
- Dull and persistent headaches
- Feeling tired all the day
- Lack of concentration
- Cognitive impairment- A person is not able to perform skilled work requiring judgment, such as maths.
- Poor memory
- A desire to sleep
The remedy is getting a good sleep.
Simple Tips for Sleeping Well
Sleep is a natural outcome of all day tiredness. It will come unless you interfere with it. You may help it in many ways:
- Eat low fat food, including fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid fried fatty stuff.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid taking excess of stimulants like tea, coffee, or any other drug. They interfere with sleep.
- Make it a point to exercise regularly.
- Avoid overworking or stress at your work.
- Usually the patient can pinpoint any disturbing factor in his life. If you have any stress, try solving the matter to get rid of it.
- Relax your brain. You may meditate for some time. This helps a person to take control over his thoughts and mental activities.
- Prepare for your sleep well. Just before sleep, take an analgesic.
- Massaging the scalp with oil before sleep may be helpful. Try a little peppermint oil for massaging.
- You may take a multivitamin (covering calcium and magnesium), one tablet daily for a week. Deficiency of these two minerals are associated with headaches.