Itchiness in Pimple of Genital Region
Q: I found a pimple near my groin and it’s itchy. What should I do?
You may read here, in a similar post, about how to care of the pimple near your groin.
Itchiness in the Area of the Pimple
Itchiness in the area simply indicates that the area is dry. This could be due to many reasons, like-
- Too much of washing in the area, probably as an effort to keep the pimple clean, washes away the natural oils of the skin. This renders the skin dry and hence itchy.
- Winter is a dry season. Further, our heating appliances make the living rooms even more dry.
- Stress may be a contributing factor in itchy pimples.
Steps to Combat Itchiness
- Avoid washing the area with soaps or gels. Simple plain water washing is usually adequate.
- Let the water be lukewarm, not too hot.
- Moisturize the area after each wash with any glycerin based moisturizer.
- If you feel your living room is dry, consider using humidifiers along with your heating appliances. This will maintain some level of humidity in the room.