Natural Ways to Gain Height
Q: Sir I just want to ask how to grow up tall. I’m 21 years old boy. What do you recommend? My height is 5 feet flat. Thank you so much. What should I take naturally?
– By Levy
Our height is largely determined by our genetics. Nothing can be done to increase height once your growth plates have fused.
Fusion of bone epiphysis usually occurs around 20 years of age. However, in some individuals it is as late as 25.
It Is Possible to Grow Tall If Your Bones Aren’t Fused
You first need to find out if your growth plates have fused. This can be done by simple X-ray of different bones of the body. Any orthopedic doctor would be able to tell you.
If the growth plates are still not fused, there is hope. You need to do two things:
- Avoid growth stunning factors
- Include growth promoting factors in your life
Growth Stunting Factors
- Nutritional deficiencies: Take a balanced diet to avoid any deficiency of nutrients. Be particular that you are taking enough protein, milk etc. Protein is the building block of our body.
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and other beverages that contain caffeine. This substance hinders growth.
- Avoid smoking and other artificial stimulants.
- Avoid being stressed. You may consider practicing some relaxation technique to combat stress.
Growth Promoting Factors
- Sleep adequately, at least 8 hours in a go. It is during sleep that our body produces growth hormone and we grow. Small naps won’t do. Eight hour sleep in a go is required.
- Take plenty of milk. This is essential for healthy bone growth. It provides protein and minerals like calcium which are necessary for bone growth.
- Take plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. They are a store house of vitamins and minerals which are required during growth.
- Exercise on a regular basis. Any exercise, like swimming, walking or playing a sport would do. You are not required to do anything vigorous, just stay active, it helps.
- Do some stretches, like yoga, each day. Stretch your body daily.