Elimination of Cocaine
There is no exact time period for the excretion of cocaine from the body. This is because, its excretion depends upon many factors.
Factors Affecting Excretion of Cocaine
Type and Amount of Cocaine Taken
Cocaine comes in many forms. Also, it may be inhaled, injected or taken orally. The blood concentrations of cocaine vary according to the mode of administration. It is more when inhaled or injected, as the drug enters the blood stream immediately.
The preparation or type of cocaine should also be considered. In US, most of the cocaine available is about 60% pure.
Was Alcohol Consumed Along With the Drug?
The excretion of the drug is much reduced, especially in the initial phase, if alcohol was taken along. Alcohol kind of binds the drug and retains it in the body, impeding its excretion through urine.
Health Status of the Individual
The metabolism and elimination of drug from the body involves chiefly the liver and the kidney. Cocaine is metabolized in the liver into various metabolites, mainly benzoylecgonine. These are then washed off predominantly via urine and partly through feces.
So, the health status of the liver and kidneys become important. If you have a healthy liver, it will be more efficient in removing the drug from the body.
How Skinny You Are?
Thinner individual are lucky here. Cocaine metabolites have a tendency to stick to the fatty tissues of the body. This stored drug is resistant to excretion. It is slowly released into the blood stream to continuously to produce a certain level of drug in the blood.
The elimination of the drug is quicker if an individual is physically active. Better the metabolic rate (BMR), quicker the excretion of drug.
Steps That May Help in Excretion of Cocaine
If you want to cleanse your body quickly, there are steps which may aid you a great deal to excrete this drug from the body.
Eliminating every speck of drug from the body may take time. It may take months or even a year. However, this is not usually required. Bringing the drug level below a threshold value may be achieved.
This value is 100- 150 ng/ml for most of the ordinary urine drug testing kits.
You can do the following to speed up cocaine elimination from the body-
- Water is the best cleanser. Drink plenty of water. This increases the renal efficiency and helps in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Eat seasonal fruits and fresh vegetables as much as possible. They are detoxifiers. They prevent cocaine from sticking to the body tissues and aid in its excretion. Try including a serving of them in each of your meals.
- Avoid beverages containing caffeine. Caffeine would impede the elimination of cocaine. So, it is better not to take tea, coffee or soft drinks having caffeine as beverages. Instead, you may go for fruit juices, soups or lemonades.
- Abstain from alcohol completely. Alcohol holds back cocaine in the body and may retard its excretion to a great extent. There are many beverages available in the market that are alcohol based. So, you need to be careful.
- Stay physically active and exercise on a regular basis. The type of exercise is not so important. You may go for a walk or go to your gym. Swimming is another way to keep your body active.
You may read here in detail about the elimination times of the drug from the body.