Category Archives: Lab Tests

Serum Creatinine Test – Normal Range Reference Level Values

Testing for Creatinine (Cr) in the Blood Creatinine is a chemical waste produced by the body and excreted by the kidneys. The serum creatinine test is ordered usually along with blood urea nitrogen (BUN) to assess kidney function of the body. Normal Values For men reference range is 0.7 to 1.3 mg/dL For women normal […]

CRP Blood Test- C Reactive Protein Normal Reference Range Levels

Testing for C Reactive Protein and Causes of High Levels C reactive protein is a protein molecule produced by the liver in response to some inflammatory process in the body. Inflammation may be due to any infection like, bacterial, fungal etc., malignancy or any autoimmune cause. So, this test is not specific for a disease […]

Serum Calcium Lab Test – If Ca Blood Levels Normal Low or High

Testing Calcium in Blood and Understanding Its Results Calcium is an important mineral required for many important functions of the body, including muscle contraction, impulse transmission in the nerves, heart muscle functioning etc. Distribution of Calcium in the Body 98% of body’s calcium is present in the bones and teeth. It’s only the remaining 2% […]