Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Test
The activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) test reflects the activities of most of the coagulation factors and inhibitors. So, its value indirectly tells us about the functioning of various factors involved in coagulation.
Normal Reference Range
- Full term infant, 0-5 day old 25.0-60.0 seconds
- Full term infant, 6 days-3 months 24.0-50.0 seconds
- > 3 months 23.2-33.7 seconds
Test Useful For
- Monitoring heparin therapy.
- Screening for deficiencies of certain coagulation factors.
- Detection of coagulation inhibitors
The values may be affected by certain herbal remedies or medicines such as antihistamines. So, inform your doctor about all medicines being taken.
Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT) Lab Report Checker
Please fill below to get your instant test report:.